Popular Questions About Form 8949
We collected all the most popular questions about this document. And made detailed answers to help our users fill their documents correctly with no unnecessary mistakes. Hope you’ll get it useful. If you didn't found what you were looking for - feel free to wright us!
- What are the penalties for not filing Form 8949?
There are penalties for not filing Form 8949. One of the penalties is a $50 per form penalty. If the taxpayer has more than 100 forms to report, the penalty is $25 per form.
- Can I use an extension to submit Form 8949?
No, a taxpayer cannot use an extension to submit Form 8949.
- What is the deadline for submitting Form 8949?
The deadline for filing Form 8949 is October 15th.
- What is the deadline for filing Form 8949 to avoid penalties?
The deadline for filing Form 8949 to avoid penalties is October 15th.
- How do I enter my transactions on an Excel file?
To enter your transactions on an Excel file, you will need to download the Form 8949 Excel template from IRS website.